It is not necessary to complete the ISU graduate application right away. The Graduate Certificate in Agronomy selection committee utilizes a preapplication screening process. Please follow the instructions below:
- Use this link to complete a preapplication: https://masters.agron.iastate.edu/PreApplication. There are TWO steps:
- Create an account – this involves providing contact and degree information
- Complete an application – once you have created an account, find the New Application link. You will complete the following:
- Additional questions regarding your background and goals
- A short survey about your familiarity with distance education
- Names and email addressses of people who can write letters of recommendation for you.
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR): When you submit your preapp, your recommenders will automatically receive an email with a link to submit a letter.
- Transcripts of your previous degree(s), as well as single classes (if applicable) are required as a part of the preapplication. Please send your official transcripts to:
Distance Programs in Agronomy Admissions
2206 Agronomy Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1010
OR If you want to send an electronic copy, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 1st to be considered for Fall semester start.
- October 1st to be considered for Spring semester start.
- We do not start students in the summer.
- Your preapplication will be considered complete when all LOR's, offiical transcripts and preapp are submitted by the deadline.